Android TV Support

expand collapsive

Does Hexnode have support for Android TV?

All Replies

• Participant

archie_e

Participant

Currently, I have around 250 Android TV devices that are located at different places. I would like to know if the following use cases can be achieved using Hexnode:

1. A few basic restrictions for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
    2. Kiosk modes (Single and multi app modes)
    3. Deploy certificates
    4. Data management restrictions

The above features are quite essential and if additional features are there, it would be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Archie

• Hey Archie,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode does extend support for the Android TV platform as well. You can seamlessly enroll and manage a large number of Android TV devices using Hexnode UEM. All the features that you have listed above can be achieved using Hexnode UEM. Hexnode’s robust device management capabilities let you configure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity restrictions, activate single-app and multi-app kiosk modes, deploy certificates and configure data management for your devices as well.

Additionally, Android TV supports almost all the features of a Generic Android device. You can configure almost all the major features via Actions and Policies. Have a read-through of our detailed Android TV management documentation to check out all the features that we have in stock for Android TV.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

gable

Participant

@archie_e, have you completed the deployment? If so, please let do me know the Android TV’s you are managing. Currently, we use hexnode for our android phones and tablets and we do not want to change the mdm provider. It will be easier for us to purchase the tv’s that can be managed using the same provider.
    Thanks in advance!

• Participant

archie_e

Participant

Yea, ofcourse @gable-lapis,
    We are using a couple of different tv’s with different specs. Most of them are X96 mini–TV Boxes with Quad-core Cortex-A53 (Android 7). We also use SkyStream PRO (Android 9) and VANKYO MatrixBox X95A 4K Android TV Box (Android 9) too in our stores. There were some difficulties in enrolling the last device, but we got instant resolutions on contacting the mdm support team. We are mainly using it as kiosks and signages and currently, hexnode is able to meet our store requirements. But to be clear, I don’t think you can use the advanced level features that are supported only on android enterprise or other dedicated enrollment methods.
    I broke a few sweats checking out some of the prominent mdm vendors! ? Let me tell you his, hexnode offers by far the easiest enrollment techniques considering the other mdms in the market.
    PS: While testing we found out that hexnode supports almost all tv’s with OS v4.1+ and most of the device admin level features are working on all tv’s, so I guess you have no reason to worry!

• Participant

kenji

Participant

@gable-lapis, if it’s any consolation, I too am managing multiple TV boxes with Hexnode. I am not saying that it was a very smooth journey, we had some friction and all, but it was manageable. We have currently enrolled Beelink TV boxes with Android 5.1, ViewSonic EP5540T, Amlogic X6 PRO and Giada DN73. You can also consider these TVs while purchasing.

• Participant

Pete

Participant

Hi Archie,

I’m looking to deploy a number of Android TV boxes.  It looks like we have similar needs (digital signage – kiosk).  Any Android TV box you recommend over the others?  There are a ton of them out there and it is kind of difficult to navigate!   Really appreciate any help.

-Pete

• Hey @Pete,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Well, you can deploy and manage any number of Android TVs with the aid of Hexnode UEM. Hexnode also caters to meet your specific needs with its ability to transform Android TV devices into digital signages. You can control and manage your multiple Android TV screens from any place, any time. Kindly note that your devices should be device-admin enabled TVs running Android 4.2+.

Now, as for the device recommendations, you may check out the models mentioned above and see if they can tick all the boxes. As Hexnode cannot favor any specific device brands, it’s all up to you to choose the one that can best suit your requirements.

Hope you resolve this soon. Take care.

Cheers!
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM