Setting TimeZone during Android Enterprise Setup

expand collapsive

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t seem to figure out how to set the timezone when provisioning my devices. I’m using the Android Enterprise enrollment via the QR code and all devices are defaulting to Eastern time.

All Replies

• Hexnode

robert-smith

Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your request.

On devices that are enrolled in the Android Enterprise, the timezone typically would be set automatically based on the network the device is connected to. The process is automatically carried out by the operating system and the end-user may not really have the option to set this manually during the enrollment.

The MDM, however, can decide if the timezone on the devices is set automatically after the devices are enrolled, thus allowing the end-user to choose another timezone post the enrollment is completed or switching the timezone automatically based on the location/network. This can be configured via a policy. In order to set this up on your device, please navigate to the Policy -> Android-> Advanced Restrictions-> Set time zone automatically.

Hoping that this was helpful. Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we would be happy to help you.

Cheers,

Bob

Hexnode MDM