Screensaver in Android devices

expand collapsive

Hey folks! I work at an automation company and there around 40 employees in my department. I want to display a screen saver in those devices (Samsung tablets) which are left unattended for more than two minutes. Is it possible to find a solution for this using Hexnode?

All Replies

• Participant

Deana

Participant

I just checked inside Policies and there seems to be no option to set up screen saver in Android devices. This feature seems to be there only for iPhones and Macs. Does anyone have an idea if I’ll be able to set a screen saver for my Samsung tablets using Hexnode?

• Hey Deana,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately, we do not have an option to set a screensaver for Android devices. If your primary requirement is to lock the screen of your device when it is left unattended for some time, we do have the option to auto-lock your device.

Follow the steps given below to auto-lock your device:

1. Navigate to Policies -> New Policy -> Android -> Passcode.
    2. Click on Configure.
    3. Set the Auto-Lock time from the dropdown.
    4. Navigate to Policy Targets and associate the policy with your target devices.
    5. Save the policy.

The policy gets associated with the selected devices and the Auto-Lock feature will get enabled on your device.

You can also make use of the Screen Timeout restriction to lock the screen after the specified time duration. Follow the steps to set the Screen Timeout for your device:

1. Navigate to Policies -> New Policy -> Android -> Restrictions.
    2. Click on Configure.
    3. Configure the required time range for the Screen Timeout restriction.
    4. Navigate to Policy Targets and associate the policy to your target devices.
    5. Save the policy.

Once the policy gets associated with your device, the device screen turns off at the time specified inside the policy.

Hope this answers your query. You can always reach out back to us if you have any additional queries. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM