Zebra OEMConfig

expand collapsive

Hi. I hear OEMConfig’s becoming quite a big deal lately. With so many companies using it, I’ve become a little curious whether I could too. But first, what exactly does OEMConfig do?

All Replies

• @Wyatt. Thank you for reaching out to us!
    OEM manufacturers release APIs for new features and device functionalities. EMM providers needed to integrate these APIs into their platforms to make them available to the customers. Thus, OEM manufacturers were greatly reliant on EMM providers.

Once Android released OEMConfig, custom features and new releases could immediately reach the customers. EMMs only need to support the OEM-built application. OEMConfig uses Managed Configurations which allow developers to provide in-built support to configure OEM-specific functions. Thus, all features can be accessed and set up from the OEMConfig app with little or no effort by the EMM.

Hope this gives you a good idea of what OEMConfig does.

Cheers!
    Rene Anderson
    Hexnode UEM

• @Helen. Thank you for reaching out to us!
    No. Your EMM need not support Zebra devices. They can be enrolled with any of the Android enrollment methods. If the EMM supports managed configurations, all OEM-specific policies in Zebra OEMConfig will be available for you to deploy through the EMM console.

Cheers!
    Rene Anderson
    Hexnode UEM

• @Helen. Thank you for reaching out to us!
    Apart from OEMConfig, Hexnode extends several of its device management capabilities to Zebra devices. So, yes, you can apply policies and actions on your Zebra devices from the Hexnode console.

You can enroll your devices with any of the Android device enrollment techniques, apply restrictions, configurations, schedule OS updates, manage apps, data usage, and files. You can even implement kiosk features, location tracking, and generate reports for these devices.

Also, keep in mind that if you apply different configurations for the same feature via Hexnode policies and OEM, the latter will be applied on the device.

Cheers!
    Rene Anderson
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Rene Anderson.