HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Restrict Mobile data usage on Android devices after reaching the limitSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 years ago

can you please confirm, i can restrict data usage on android via Hexnode over cellular on a monthly basis?
For instance, i want to get a 200MB/month plan.i can stop Cellular data at that point and provide wi-fi only access

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can control the mobile data on Android devices using the Mobile Data Management feature by Hexnode.

To set a limit on the mobile data usage by the devices:

• Navigate to Policies->Android-> Mobile Data Management and click Configure.
  • Enable the option ‘Block mobile data’ option under Network Restrictions.
  • Below Data Usage Restrictions, you will have the option to set the limit for mobile data usage and notify the admin/user/all.
  • Associate targets and save the policy.

When the mobile data usage reaches the limit, the user will be blocked from further usage. The device can continue using the Wi-Fi.

Check out the help doc on Mobile Data Management to know more.

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM

Participant
4 years ago

Can I know the data used by a device? Like what amount of mobile and wi-fi data have been used by the device?

Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, Of course! To know about data usage of a device:

• Please navigate to Manage-> Devices and click on the desired device. You will be directed to the Device summary page.
  •  Go to Data Management sub-tab and you will be able to find the mobile, Wi-Fi and total data used by the device and different applications installed on the device.
  • You can click on the Export button at the top and export these details as a PDF/CSV file.

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM