Restrict Mobile data usage on Android devices after reaching the limit

expand collapsive

can you please confirm, i can restrict data usage on android via Hexnode over cellular on a monthly basis?
For instance, i want to get a 200MB/month plan.i can stop Cellular data at that point and provide wi-fi only access

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can control the mobile data on Android devices using the Mobile Data Management feature by Hexnode.

To set a limit on the mobile data usage by the devices:

• Navigate to Policies->Android-> Mobile Data Management and click Configure.
    • Enable the option ‘Block mobile data’ option under Network Restrictions.
    • Below Data Usage Restrictions, you will have the option to set the limit for mobile data usage and notify the admin/user/all.
    • Associate targets and save the policy.

When the mobile data usage reaches the limit, the user will be blocked from further usage. The device can continue using the Wi-Fi.

Check out the help doc on Mobile Data Management to know more.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, Of course! To know about data usage of a device:

• Please navigate to Manage-> Devices and click on the desired device. You will be directed to the Device summary page.
    •  Go to Data Management sub-tab and you will be able to find the mobile, Wi-Fi and total data used by the device and different applications installed on the device.
    • You can click on the Export button at the top and export these details as a PDF/CSV file.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM