Update Apps on AFW enrolled devices using Hexnode MDM

expand collapsive

So now that I have the AFW working and the app silently installing, how do I go about updating that app? If I update it in the play store dev account, will it automatically push to my enrolled devices, or do I have to manually do that?

All Replies

• Hexnode

eva-tyler

Hi Tadgh,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Once the app is updated in the Apps tab of the Hexnode app inventory, the update would get pushed automatically to the devices provided, the app is added as a mandatory app and the policy is still associated with the devices.

Check out more on mandatory app installation from here

If the app is not added as a mandatory app, you would need to manually push the update to the devices from Actions -> Install application.

To update the apps within the Hexnode app inventory, navigate to Apps tab -> Apps -> Search for the app -> Click on the app name -> Click on the gear icon -> Check for updates.

However, there would be a regular check for updates performed within the Hexnode account so that if any newer versions for the app is available, the app would be automatically updated in the Apps tab.

To know more on updating apps in Android devices, refer: https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/how-to-update-store-and-enterprise-apps-on-android-devices-using-hexnode-mdm/ 

Cheers,
    Eva Tyler
    Hexnode MDM