Cannot find app but shows as “installed” on Hexnode

expand collapsive

I had previously installed an app and have used the app daily. I must have mistakenly uninstalled it or something because I cannot find it anywhere on my phone but when I open Hexnode it shows that the app is installed on my phone

All Replies

• Hey Dale,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You can check whether the app has been mistakenly uninstalled by navigating to the Applications sub-tab inside the device details page of your device in the Hexnode UEM portal. If the app is not present in the list, then it would have probably been uninstalled. To prevent accidental uninstallation of applications, you can add them as mandatory applications.

Another possibility that the app is missing from the device is maybe because it has been blacklisted via policies from the Hexnode UEM portal. You can check whether you have blacklisted the application in one of the policies associated with the device. The app may also have been blacklisted via policies associated with the device groups, user groups or dynamic groups that the device belongs to. You need to ensure that none of the policies have blacklisted the application.

Hope this clears your query. If the issue persists after cross-checking the comments mentioned above, you can always get back to us, and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM