System bars not being disabled in rooted Android kiosk devices

expand collapsive

System bars not being disabled on my rooted android enterprise enrolled device in kiosk mode. I’ve checked the ‘Disable system bars’ option under peripheral settings in the kiosk policy. Am I missing something else here?

All Replies

• Participant

Majed

Participant

We’d granted all the required permissions including root access for the mdm app when enrolling the device. Restarting the device didnt solve the problem. We also tried removing the kiosk policy and re-associating it again but still didn’t work.

• Sorry that didn’t work out for you. Regarding the reported issue, we need to investigate this thoroughly to provide a solution. Please contact our support team and they’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you could try enabling Lock task mode (Policies > Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Peripheral Settings) in the kiosk policy associated with the device. This will disable all the configurable system UI features in the device like the home button, recent apps button, etc. Please note that this feature is only supported on devices enrolled in Android Enterprise as Device Owner and running Android 6.0+.

Have a great day!
    Chris Wheeler
    Hexnode UEM

• Hexnode

Audrey

Hey Arleen,

Hope you got in touch with our support team and had the issue resolved.

Is there anything else we could do for you? We’d be happy to lend an ear anytime and help you out as best as we can.

Regards,
    Audrey Black
    Hexnode UEM