Need to send several GIGS of data to multiple devices on the same network

expand collapsive

Hello, What if I have several GIGS of data I need to send to multiple devices on the same network. Is there a way to prevent saturation of my internet connection for this?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Yes, there is, Brennan.

The data you are talking about, if those are iOS applications, host the apps on a local web server and add the manifest file in Hexnode MDM. You can have the applications pushed via policy and they get downloaded on the devices from the local server without harming your internet plan. For Android apps and other files, host them locally and you can then broadcast the download URLs to all the devices via Hexnode Messenger.

Check out help article to learn all about app distribution via app manifest.

Here’s how you can broadcast a message with the download links.

Thanks and regards
    Hexnode Support Team
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Yes, there is, Brennan.

The data you are talking about, if those are iOS applications, host the apps on a local web server and add the manifest file in Hexnode MDM. You can have the applications pushed via policy and they get downloaded on the devices from the local server without harming your internet plan. For Android apps and other files, host them locally and you can then broadcast the download URLs to all the devices via Hexnode Messenger.

Check out help article to learn all about app distribution via app manifest.

Here’s how you can broadcast a message with the download links.

Thanks and regards
    Hexnode Support Team
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.