HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Issues with adding Apple TV to ABM or supervising via Apple ConfiguratorSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 months ago

Hi there,

I’m having trouble enrolling my Apple TV, which is a Wi-Fi model and doesn’t have a USB C or Ethernet port, into Apple Business Manager or making it supervised through Apple Configurator. Is this a limitation of the device itself, or is there a way to work around it?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
4 months ago

Hello guys,

We’ve encountered the same issues you mentioned when adding the Apple TV Wi-Fi model to ABM or supervising it via Apple Configurator. In our experience, this issue is specific to the Wi-Fi model without USB-C or Ethernet ports. We’ve found that using an Apple TV model that does have these ports can be added to ABM or supervise it via Configurator.

Participant
4 months ago

I don’t know why Apple did not mention this. As a turnaround do we have another solution on how to add this kind of Apple TV to ABM?

Participant
4 months ago

Hello @Aaron,

You can add Apple TV Wi-Fi models to ABM if the device was purchased from an Apple authorized reseller. This is the only way as of now for the Apple TV Wi-Fi models to be added to the ABM.