Inactive user at login

expand collapsive

Hey guys so I am a technician and I’ve been receiving a message “User is inactive. Please contact your administrator.” at times when I try to login. It happens at random and if I try after a while it doesn’t show the error anymore. Any idea why this might be happening?

All Replies

• Hello @tristan, thanks for reaching out to us!
    You might be facing this error due to your account being deactivated and then reactivated after a while by the Admin. If you were in the middle of an ongoing session, you would have been prompted to end it when the account was deactivated. But since you tried to sign in with the deactivated account again, you happen to see the error “User is inactive! Please contact your administrator” on the login window.

If the issue persists, please contact your Super admin to ensure your account is not deactivated.
    Hope this answer helps you.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

• Hello @damari, I think I can assist you with that.

Hexnode activities that impose technician authentication cannot be completed if an SSO logged-in technician has disabled the pop-up notification for the Hexnode portal on the device browser.

Technicians must be redirected to the Google/Microsoft/Okta authentication page in a new tab for authentication. If you have turned off pop-up notifications for the Hexnode portal, this redirection will be blocked. As a result, actions that require technician authentication, such as device wipe, edit technician, and so on, will be prevented.

Try it out, and keep me posted on any updates.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM