How to upload enterprise apps of .aab format?

expand collapsive

I have a few enterprise apps in .aab format. I used to upload apps (.apk files) using the add apps, enterprise app option in Hexnode. How do I upload the files I have now? I can see an option to upload files via manifest path. Will that work?

All Replies

• Participant

mikael

Participant

I’m not very sure you will be able to do that. Even if you deploy the .aab app via manifest URL method, you will not be able to install the file directly. I think Android currently supports the installation of APK files alone.

• Hello Niklaus,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You will not be able to install .aab files directly on your Android device since Android currently supports the installation of APK files only. In order to install the application, you will have to extract the correct APK from .aab file and install the extracted APK file. Hence, we do not currently support .aab files to be uploaded to the portal.

Alternatively, what you can do is that you can manually extract the correct APK from the .aab file and upload it into the Hexnode portal directly or by using the Manifest URL method.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM