Force managed apple ids

expand collapsive

Is it possible to use managed apple ids and only allow users to log in with that ID? I also want to set their devices to auto backup to iCloud with that managed apple id.

All Replies

• Hello @andreabuss456 , welcome to Hexnode Community!

When it comes to Apple IDs, Apple allows the usage of personal Apple IDs alongside Managed Apple IDs. Hence, adding other Apple IDs cannot be restricted on iOS devices.

If the iOS devices are personal-owned, you can use the User Enrollment method, where a new storage area associated with the Managed Apple ID is created alongside that of personal Apple IDs.

Hope this helps, do contact us in case of further queries.

Chloe Edison,
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Emersyn

Participant

I had a similar concern, whether the work data on my iPhone would be backed up to personal iCloud when I enrolled the device via User enrollment. Also, do the attachments downloaded from managed email get backed up?

• Participant

Verbnigge

Participant

The work data is not backed up to the personal iCloud. Work data is always stored in the Managed Apple ID’s iCloud. But restoring data is a problem because, during device setup, the Managed Apple ID will not be listed in the ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ step.
    Also, attachments from managed mail are containerized but cannot be backed up.