End User App Updates

expand collapsive

At my company we have IOS devices. These IOS devices are amanged by us and each user is assigned a managed apple ID that cannot make purchases on the app store. Therefore, we rely on apple buisness manager and Hexnode to work together to divy out licenses for applications to each user. This function works great in HexNode. What sucks, is that without setting the application to force install on a user’s device, the end user cannot update the app themselves. Meaning I can setup an app catalog for my end users and let them pick and choose the apps they want/need from that, but everytime an update comes out for their app I have to individually, for every user who has that app, send another install request. The only way I have found for an end user to update an application themselves is to uninstall the application (If you let your users do that) wait 2 hours for the MDM application to recognize the application is no longer installed, and then reinstall from the catalog. Belonging to a company with several different departments needing several different applications, its unreasonable to make each and every person have EVERY app force installed on their devices.

Any chance we can get an auto update feature for non forced applications or a way for users to update applications from the app catalog?

All Replies