Disclaimer shows at Vanta integration page

expand collapsive

Hey,

I came across a disclaimer on the Vanta integration page that mentions, “Some of the synced data is derived from the policies associated with the respective devices. Changes made to settings on the device end may not be reflected on Vanta’s end.” Could someone clarify if this disclaimer is standard or if there might be an issue with the integration? Also, does this mean that changes I make on my device might not show up in Vanta?

Synced data is influenced by device policies, and changes on the device may not reflect in Vanta

All Replies

• Hi @Sarah ,

Thanks for bringing this up!

The disclaimer you noticed on the Vanta integration page is a standard notification. It’s intended to ensure clarity regarding the data syncing process between Hexnode and Vanta.

Regarding your concern about changes not reflecting in Vanta, let me explain further. The Vanta portal successfully syncs the device’s screen lock status only if the Password and Screensaver policies are enforced on the device. Essentially, Hexnode utilizes these policies to relay information about a device’s screen lock (SL) status to the Vanta console.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the screen lock status synchronization or receiving inaccurate status, confirm that both policies are properly enforced on your devices.

Should you need further assistance or have any other questions, feel free to share more details, and we’ll be happy to help!

Cheers,

Eden Pierce

Hexnode UEM