Device locked due to multiple incorrect attempts

expand collapsive

Hey guys

I am an admin managing a fleet of 38 macs. Last day, we pushed the lock device action to our devices. I had specified the 6 digit pin and I remember it correctly. But one of my users typed the password wrongly many times trying to unlock the device. Now the device is showing ‘Try again in 24167042 minutes’ msg on the screen.

Is there any setting in hexnode to remotely disable this lock. I have the pin with me. The device is a 2015 intel mac. Can anyone help me out with this.

All Replies

• Hey @Conner Shaw,  

The Lock Device action uses a 6-digit System Lock PIN to remotely lock a macOS device without a Silicon chip. The Mac will go into an indefinite lock if the wrong System Lock PIN is entered repeatedly. It is an anti-theft feature built by Apple to protect your data if the device is stolen. Given this case, Hexnode UEM cannot disable the indefinite lock state, and we cannot do anything about it.

You’ll need to take the device into the Genius Bar or an Apple Authorized Service Provider with Proof of Purchase to recover the Mac.

Hope that helps you.
    Cheers!
    Johan Blake
    Hexnode UEM