Define Compliance

expand collapsive

I had worked with tech support to find a bug with how Compliance works.

I’m sure the programmers would not consider “Old version” as a non-compliance issue, only “Not installed”.

Might I suggest in the policy for a group, you allow us to define what a non-compliance issue is.

For example, I don’t really care if Facebook/Instagram is an old version, but if it is the app we need to keep current, I need to know.

If (mandatory app version) < (current app version) then set (non-compliant flag)=1

All Replies

• Hey Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode lets you manually customize the compliance criteria for all the devices enrolled into your Hexnode UEM portal. Your devices will be marked as non-compliant only if they do not satisfy at least one of the selected criteria.

Unfortunately, we have not included app version disparities as a compliance criterion. But we do support application compliance, which checks whether the specified mandatory apps are present or if any blacklisted apps have been installed on your devices. However, I’ve shared your feature request with the development team, and if you’ve any further queries, please feel free to contact us. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Thomas Baudin

Participant

Hello!

Any news about this need? We are working in Aeronautics Onboard iPads and there is a major issue about not being able to be informed about non updated applications… both for securituy AND regulation point of view!

Thanks for any update

• Hey Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA for the feature request to include app version disparities as a compliance criterion. The request has already been shared with the development team. Once we get an update from them, we will be able to provide you with an ETA.

However, you can use the Mandatory Apps feature to enforce app installation on the devices. It also ensures that the app updates are pushed automatically. If your Apple devices are supervised, the apps will be automatically updated. Else, the user will be prompted to update the applications manually. If mandatory apps are not updated or missing from the device, the device will be marked as “non-compliant”.

Additionally, you can utilize the Application Reports under the Reports tab to get the list of all applications and the app version installed on each device. The Application reports help you verify the different versions of an app installed across the device fleet. You can also identify the devices that have these versions installed.

Hope I was able to answer your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM