Best out of box enrollement methods for devices with Hexnode

expand collapsive

i want to start managing my organizations android devices. What is my first step?
I would like to set them up just like my apple devices, where they are auto enrolled from the vendor

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

For out of box enrollment of Android devices, you can use the Android Zero Touch Enrollment method. Using this, the devices will be enrolled in MDM once it is switched on and connected to a network.

The requirements for Zero Touch Enrollment are:

1. The device should be directly purchased from a Zero touch reseller partner or Google partner.
    2. Compatible device running on Android Oreo (8.0 and later) or Pixel phone with Android Nougat (7.0).
    3. Confirm that your device is compatible with ZTE from the list of Android Zero Touch Devices.
    4. A Google account associated with Corporate email.

Please note that the ZTE does not work on Samsung Knox devices. You can use the Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment for the enrollment of these devices.

The requirements for Knox Mobile Enrollment are:

1. A Samsung Account
    2. A Knox portal account.
    3. Samsung Knox devices running Knox version 2.4 or higher. For Android Enterprise enrollment, devices should be running Knox version 2.8 or above.
    4.  An MDM that supports Knox Mobile Enrollment program.
    5. A KME supported browser.
    6. The correct firewall exemptions needed to extend beyond your local and protected network domain and securely connect to the Knox Mobile Enrollment server.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

The key features of Knox Mobile Enrollment are:

• Bulk enroll devices: Large number of devices are added to the MDM at once.
    • Automatic installation and activation of devices as soon as they are turned on.
    • Auto re-enrollment: Once the device is enrolled, the MDM will always get re-installed even if the device is erased and factory reset.
    • Supports multiple MDM configurations per account.

Please check out our help doc on Knox Mobile Enrollment features for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM