Auto renewal of provisioning profiles

expand collapsive

Hi,

I have an “In House” application deployed through Apple Profile Manager. It has not been updated for a year and suddenly stopped working because, I guess, of some certifactes which have expired. After re-signing the application, it start to work well again.

Does Hexnode provide a way to automatically renew such certificates before their expiracy ? Or should I plan to update the application at least once a year ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards

All Replies

• Hello, welcome to Hexnode Community!

Apps will cease to launch if the provisioning profile or the distribution certificate expires, whichever occurs first. The validity of a provisioning profile is twelve months, and that of a distribution certificate is three years. You will have to renew them from your Apple Developer account. Once renewed and the application re-signed, you can add the new IPA file in the Hexnode UEM portal. All you’ve got to do is:

• Navigate to the Apps tab.
    • Search for your in-house application and click on it.
    • Click on the setting gear icon in the corner of the app detail box.
    • Select the Edit option.
    • Click on the Change option next to the IPA file name.
    • Upload the new version and click on Save.

If you had pushed the app using the Mandatory Apps policy, the app would automatically be updated, provided that the policy is still associated with the devices. If not, use the Install Application action to push the updated app to the devices.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Chloe Edison,
    Hexnode UEM