App Overview on Android Nav Bar (Access Denied in KIOSK mode)

expand collapsive

Hello.

We just started using Hexnode (moving from IBM Maas) and have run into an issue with our Samsung A7 Lite tablets in KIOSK mode. When you try to access the running applications (App Overview “|||” button at the bottom on the Nav Bar next to the Home button- “O” in Android OS), it flashes with an Access Denied error and closes. I am assuming there is a Background App that I need to add to KIOSK mode, but for the life of me, I can’t seem to find it.

Has anyone else run into this issue with the App Overview button and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Bryan

All Replies

• Hello @Bryan_Ballard-Kendall, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

This issue occurs because the app overview/recent apps button is disabled in the kiosk mode. In order to enable the button, open the Kiosk Lockdown policy associated with the device and navigate to Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Peripheral Settings > Hardware/software buttons and check the Enable recent apps button option. Click Save to ensure the change is updated.

Enable recent apps button in peripheral settings

Hope this clears your query. Do get back to us in case of any further issues.

Chloe Edison,
    Hexnode UEM