Adding multiple VPP accounts to Hexnode portal

expand collapsive

i need to set up a few apple store apps through VPP, but my login from last year no longer works. can i set up a new one without losing the apps from the old one? i have sent a request to apple since the license vpp expires in 22 days.

All Replies

• Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can add multiple VPP accounts to the Hexnode portal. Once the VPP token of an account expires, the apps that have been purchased through this account will no longer be available for distribution. If two VPP accounts are created for the same Apple Business Manager, it will generally contain the same apps since you are trying to achieve access to the same ABM account. Seems like you are trying to use the same ABM account, so you probably will have access to the already purchased apps as well.

Check out our help link on VPP apps for more info.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode MDM

• Hello Leighten,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Removing the VPP account from the portal will not affect the apps already deployed to the device. The VPP apps will be available as store apps even without adding an Apple ID on the device. However, you will not be able to update the applications from the portal unless you associate a policy with new VPP licenses for the applications.

Hope this clears your query!

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM