How to lock down device to web clip and other specific apps using Hexnode?

expand collapsive

I want to run a web clip in iOS multi app kiosk lockdown mode. I have other apps that i want to run too but one of them is a web clip. Is that possible?

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Keanu,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Currently we do not have an option to add a web clip to an iOS device along with a multi app kiosk policy. However, we do have a workaround which would help you achieve your requirement.

You can add a webclip to the iOS device using policy. Please look at the image below.

Once you have added the webclip here, you shall then have to subsequently blacklist all the other apps through the blacklist policy.

Deploying this policy to your target device, will enable a multi app kiosk with web clips included.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Stephen

Participant

Are there any plans to add the ability to use Web Clips in multi-app kiosk mode or with a Whitelist instead of Blacklist? A Blacklist is much more difficult to manage over time than a kiosk or Whitelist.

• Hey Stephen,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are constantly trying to evaluate our priorities and balance the needs of all our customers. We are aware that managing applications using a blacklist rather than a whitelist can be challenging. Therefore, I have raised a feature request on your behalf to add web clips on multi-app kiosk mode for iOS. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve our product.

Please feel free to contact us for more queries.
    Cheers!
    Johan Blake
    Hexnode UEM