Provide mobile data access only for specific apps using Hexnode

expand collapsive

Started a trial today and things are pretty much setup the way I want, but I am wondering if it’s possible to disable mobile data at the app level, or even better whitelist a couple apps that I want to access mobile data and the rest are locked out when the kiosk policy is in effect.

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Kason,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Currently in Android devices, we will be able to completely block the mobile data of a device on Samsung Knox devices through the Hexnode policy restrictions.

This is done by navigating your way to policy -> Android -> Restrictions -> Allow Network Settings.

There are other ways to do this via Hexnode’s Mobile Data Management policy, for this, you must activate the Hexnode VPN on the device.
    To ensure the Hexnode VPN is on at all times, you can keep prompting the user in case it is turned off. This is done, under Admin -> General Settings -> Data Restriction (Android).

After the above process, you can find the options in your policy -> Android -> Network Data Usage Management to setup various restrictions as per your wish.

So, you can use this area, to restrict mobile data.

In the app-wise Restrictions area, you can selectively block apps from accessing mobile data. Therefore, if you have 5 kiosk apps, and want access on 3 apps, you can add the other 2 apps and block their mobile data access.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM