Install/Add to List Enterprise App with API

expand collapsive

We have an in-house Android app we would like to push directly to our managed Hexnode devices via the API. My idea is to add the app to the application list via API call, then make another API call to install the app to a particular device group(s). However, I do not see the parameters required for Enterpise in Hexnode’s documentation, such has where the .apk is located. Am I missing it? Is this even something possible?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Michelle

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Currently, we do not have the API call to upload the In-house/Enterprise app to the Hexnode portal. However, we do have the API call for the install application.

I have raised a feature request on your behalf to implement the API call for uploading enterprise apps. Will keep you posted on the updates.

Meanwhile, have a look at our latest feature updates here!

Cheers!
    Michelle Hendricks
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Michelle.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Michelle.
  • Participant

Dominik

Participant

Hello,
    has there been any update on this? The use case for my team is very similar, we have an enterprise app and we need an API to be able to integrate the distribution with a CI/CD solution.

Can you provide a link to track the feature request? I wasn’t able to find it on your forum.

• Hello @dtoton, welcome to Hexnode Community!

We have unfortunately not yet added the API call to add enterprise apps to the Hexnode app inventory.
    The request has been raised, but its implementation is taking us longer than expected. Please hold on for a little while longer as we work on the same.

Regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM

• Hello @Arjen, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

The feature has been taken up, but we haven’t reached a point where we can commit to a timeline yet. We’ll try our best to increase the priority on this feature and speed up the process and get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Best regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM