Will the apps get auto-updated on updating IPA file in Hexnode app inventory?

expand collapsive

I have a policy for single app kiosk. This policy is applied in more that 5 devices. If I update the IPA file of a application, will the latest App will get reflected in all these 5 devices?
For Example : I already have app XYZ Version1(ipa) which is installed in all these 5 devices, I have added a another feature in app now I am updating the XYZ Version2(ipa). My question is , Will the XYZ Version 2 will get automatically updated in these 5 devices ?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Replacing the IPA file alone may not update the app as it was installed via remote actions.
    After updating the IPA file in the Hexnode app inventory:

• Navigate to Manage-> Devices and select the five devices.
    • Click on the Actions button and choose the option ‘Install application’.
    • Select the app and click Done.

The app will now get updated.

Please check out our help doc on updating apps on iOS devices for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for posting.

If the enterprise app was pushed to the devices via Mandatory app policy, updating the IPA file alone will be enough. The app will get automatically updated on the devices, provided the policy remains associated with the device.

To deploy the app via mandatory app policy:

• Navigate to Policies-> iOS-> App Management-> Mandatory Apps and click Configure.
    • Click on +Add and add the desired apps or app groups.
    • Associate targets and save the policy.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

Deborah

Hello Theo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If the app you are updating is open in a single app kiosk, the app will shut down and update silently. If the app/apps are open in multi app kiosk, the user will see a prompt asking him to update the app.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM