Restart single kiosk app

expand collapsive

Hi, is it possible to restart an app running in single kiosk mode in iOS?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Hi Mariano,

We do not have this feature at the moment. Can you perhaps explain what you are trying to achieve? If you let us know, we can possibly recommend a workaround.

Thanks and regards
    Hexnode Support Team
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll-Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll-Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll-Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    We will check the feasibility of the feature and raise a ticket here requesting the same.
    Will keep you posted regarding the same.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Adrian

Participant

I am also interested in this feature. we have an app that sometime locks up and we have to kill the app or reboot the device.  in order to kill the app, I have to expose more of the phone than I would like to to the user and take it out of kiosk mode.  If the user could reboot it without me having to remotely reboot it from the hexnode webpage, that would be ideal.

• Hi Adrian,

Hope you are doing well,

This feature is on our roadmap and our team is looking to have this developed. As of now, this is being restricted by the MDM protocol set by Apple. Our team is looking to work around this in order to have more control over the app while the device is locked down to kiosk mode.

Once we are able to work around the MDM protocol while in single app mode, we would be able to perform actions like restarting and killing the app remotely. In the meantime, on the device end, you can have the devices restarted by the users. You can get this done by holding the sleep/wake button along with the volume up button. This would bring up the option to power off the device. Once the device is powered off, you can have it started once more and this would ensure that the app is killed and launched once more.

We shall keep you in the loop with the developments regarding this feature as our team works on it.

Stay safe and have a great day!

Cheers!
    Jeff Black
    Hexnode MDM.