Unable to enroll iOS device into ASM using Apple Configurator

expand collapsive

Hey, I was trying to enroll my devices into ASM using the Apple Configurator app. I was able to enroll all my devices till now but a few days back I was unable to enroll one of my iOS devices into ASM. When applying the blueprint, I get an error message saying that “The profile can be installed only on a supervised device”. This was an unusual behavior as this error message was not seen before. Can someone help me with this?

All Replies

• Hey Willow,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

The error message that you have received is quite unusual. The error message says that the profile can be applied only on a supervised device. However, this message does not make sense as the devices should automatically get supervised when enrolled in the ASM using Apple Configurator 2.

You can try the following troubleshooting methods:

1. Ensure that your device is running on iOS version 11.0 and above.
    2. Make sure you are using Apple Configurator 2, and it is updated to the latest version.
    3. Read through our help doc on how to enroll iOS devices to DEP using Apple Configurator. And verify all the steps while enrolling your iOS device.
    4. Make sure that the Wi-Fi profile added in the blueprint has an extension “.mobileconfig.”
    5. Try creating a fresh blueprint and profile while trying to enroll again.
    6. Supervise the device without enrolling in an MDM first. If it becomes successful, try to enroll the device again. If supervision fails, it could be an issue with the Apple Configurator 2 application.
    7. Reset your device.

You can try the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods and see if it resolves your issue. If the issue persists, please feel free to contact our support team at mdm-support@hexnode.com. We will be more than happy to help you out.

If you encounter any other issues while enrolling your iOS devices, you can check out our troubleshooting doc that deals with the common errors while enrolling iOS devices using Apple Configurator.

Hope this solves your issue.

Cheers
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM