Device enrolled as DO but no account added in Play Store

expand collapsive

Hey all. I just enrolled my device as Device Owner but there seems to be no account added inside the Play Store. Usually, an account is to be added in the play store for DO devices, right?

All Replies

• Participant

Winnie

Participant

I have deployed all my device using the Knox Deployment Application and usually the account gets added inside the play store. This is the first time I’m facing the issue. Can someone help me with this?

• Hey Winnie,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like you have made an error during the profile creation inside the Knox portal. Fortunately, we were able to reproduce your issue, and it seems that you have entered the wrong Agent URL during the profile configuration. You need to enter the URL of the “Hexnode For Work” application in the profile. But you might have entered the URL of the “Hexnode MDM” application, which can result in the failure of the account creation inside the Google Play Store app.

URL for Hexnode for Work application – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hexnode.mdm.work

You can enter the URL in the space given under “MDM Agent APK” and “Enter URL of public APK” inside the Android Enterprise profile details page.

You will have to replace the URL with that of the “Hexnode For Work” application and enroll your device again using the Knox Deployment application. Once enrolled, the account will be successfully added inside the Google Play Store. Check out our documentation on Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment to get a detailed explanation.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM