HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Windows multi app kiosk – app icon disappears on trying to open itSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hi, I’ve used multi kiosk on Windows devices multiple times but this time around the app won’t open. Each time I click on the app, the icon disappears and I can only see the wallpaper. The navigation bar and everything else works but the app won’t open. What am I doing wrong? Any insight would be really helpful.

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 months ago

I’ve faced similar issues, but not with every app, only certain ones. Don’t really know what goes wrong.

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hello there, welcome to Hexnode Community!

If an app fails to open when in Kiosk mode, it is probably because the app has a dependency on another app or on multiple other apps. These apps have to run in the background for the required app to function. Unless these apps are explicitly enabled, such issues may occur since they are blocked by default in the kiosk mode.

Kindly check if the app that you’ve added has dependencies on other apps and add them along with the target app while configuring the multi-app Kiosk policy.

Hope this helped resolve your query.

Chloe Edison,
Hexnode UEM

Participant
2 months ago

Could that be why I haven’t been able to open the Trackman app in multi-kiosk mode?

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Yes, you got that right. Trackman Performance Studio does have dependencies on apps that have to run in the background for it to work, namely TrackMan VMS Process and TrackMan GUI Shell. Adding these apps to the kiosk policy should solve the issue that you’re facing.

Do give this a try and let us know how it goes.

Chloe Edison,
Hexnode UEM