Web content history logs

expand collapsive

Hi,

Would it be possible to add web content history logs on the portal? I’m setting policies to white-list specific URL’s, but many times sub URL are getting blocked, the only way to know which URL’s to unblock would be with adding browser history log on the portal so I would see what’s getting block and add it to the white-list.

Every firewall which has web content filtering (like Sonic-wall and fortigate) have this feature enabled.

I do understand their is privacy concerns that comes along with adding the above feature, but I’m referring to cooperate owned device and maybe adding an option for the user to accept and agree sharing the logs would prevent privacy concerns.

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Yoel,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The concept of retrieving firewall logs comes under spyware. Hexnode MDM can help block out the URLs, but I’m afraid we might not be able to retrieve logs as it might be beyond MDM protocol.

Kindly drop us an email at mdm-support@hexnode.com or please chat with us, if you feel like you are having issues with the whitelisting of URLs. We shall gladly help you troubleshoot!

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Yoel

Participant

If you consider the admin retrieving logs on COBO devices spyware, why don’t you make a option for the user to agree sending logs for the admin, or maybe a feature in the Hexnode app should have a option to send the logs of the last hour or so to the admin portal?

Wouldn’t that solve the issue of spyware and giving the admin logs for management, again I’m referring to COBO devices which are owned and completely managed by the organization.

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Yoel,

In the case of COBO/COPE devices, the company shall have the complete right to manage the data present/allowed on the device. In this case, I’m afraid to retrieve info from the managed data might not be allowed as per MDM protocol. However, we have raised this with our team to check if there are possibilities in including the same.

To supplement the above issue faced, instead of whitelisting various sub URLs it is best advice to whitelist the part of the domain from where-on the URLs shall be uniform.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Yoel,

In the case of COBO/COPE devices, the company shall have the complete right to manage the data present/allowed on the device. In this case, I’m afraid to retrieve info from the managed data might not be allowed as per MDM protocol. However, we have raised this with our team to check if there are possibilities in including the same.

To supplement the above issue faced, instead of whitelisting various sub URLs it is best advice to whitelist the part of the domain from where-on the URLs shall be uniform.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM