VPP app installation

expand collapsive

I have 36 more VPP licenses left for the Zoom app to be installed on my supervised iPads. However, it shows an initiated state on the action history, and the app is greyed out on the device with a prompt to enter my Apple ID. What do I do, because I already have Apple VPP?

All Replies

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Opal,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In such cases, Hexnode receives an acknowledgement that the app installation process has already begun. This means that the device has begun the download of the application and has subsequently turned offline.

This occurs when there is a connection break on the device, where the VPP servers have stopped sending the app to the device. This situation can be easily resolved by another VPP push.

Please hold down the greyed-out icon -> cancel the download. Then, you can restart the device, and send out a command to install the application again. The application should then ideally install upon reboot. Since you are implementing the app installation via Apple VPP, you do not have to accept the prompt to enter an Apple ID, if you receive one on the device.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM