HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Security Update 2022-001 Catalina released as a standalone installer packageSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 years ago

Hey folks! Apple has released security updates (Security Update 2022-001) for Catalina as a standalone installer package along with Monterey 12.2, Big Sur 11.6.3 updates.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2088?locale=en_GB

Replies (9)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 years ago

That’s weird…I don’t see security updates available on my catalina macs. Just the update to Monterey.

Participant
2 years ago

Click the more info link underneath the ‘Other updates are available’ text, that should show you the security updates.

You can also install it from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2088?locale=en_GB

Participant
2 years ago

Few of the macs is automatically shutting down at some point after going to ‘sleep’ since the latest catalina security update. Anyone else facing this issue?

Participant
2 years ago

Nothing on my end so far. Try resetting the nvram and see if that helps.

Participant
2 years ago

Already tried that without luck. Have also been seeing similar issues being reported on other threads. Thanks for your inputs anyways @koen.

Hexnode Expert
2 years ago

@ami_ra macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-001 has addressed many previously existing issues. However, many users have reported similar issues following the update. On contacting Apple Support, they recommended wiping the Mac or re-installing Catalina again.

Cheers!
Chris Wheeler
Hexnode UEM

Participant
2 years ago

Reinstalling catalina seems to have fixed the issue for now. Will update here if anything else comes up.

Participant
2 years ago

Koen, I appreciate you sharing the details.

Participant
11 months ago

Thank you for details.