privacy on Mac

expand collapsive

Hi all, I recently joined a company and was allowed to use/convert my personal mac as my work laptop. But first day, IT has downloaded some VPN tools and hexnode.

I have already moved the majority of the personal files but my question is since they have the access and control over the config profiles – data and basically all the settings,

– my iCloud is connected to the device anything I should worry about? what info can they access to ?

– do they have access to iCloud keychain ( and basically all stored passes etc) ?

– all my browser profiles are signed in, anything I should worry about ?

thank you

All Replies

• Hey Dilara,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode provides multiple enrollment methods to deploy your macOS devices onto the UEM platform. Regardless of the enrollment method used, Hexnode accesses only your device’s required data and device details.

It fetches basic device information like software and hardware details, enrollment details, security information, network information and the list of installed applications. Hexnode does not access personal files or iCloud data, including your passwords stored in your iCloud Keychain. Also, accounts added to your browsers remain completely confidential and will not be accessed by Hexnode. Hexnode respects your privacy and fetches only the required data for compliance and device management purposes.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM