Not able to configure the login window of mac

expand collapsive

There seems to be a bug in Hexnode. I have configured the login window of mac to show the box for username and password through Hexnode, but I am still seeing it as list of users. At first, I could see the login windows as I configured but after applying another policy that configures password, wi-fi and filevault, the mac login screen shows the list of users. But can’t see anything contradicting the login window preference in the second policy.

This is kind of a big thing for us. We switched to showing only the username and password so that others don’t see the other users on the device. Hope this will get resolved soon

All Replies

• Hexnode

Deborah

Hello Theo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, what you have described is the usual flow designed by Apple. Once you enable Filevault, you will see an EFI boot authentication screen instead of the usual macOS login screen. The EFI boot authentication screen will show the list of users. The settings configured in the Login Window Preferences section of the Hexnode policy apply only to the native macOS login screen.
    Hope that clears things up.

Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM