New Feature: Android Kiosk Mode Setting, ‘Keep Screen On’ For Individual Apps

expand collapsive

Just wondering if its possible to have the ‘Keep Screen On’ feature enabled for individually chosen apps on the multi app kiosk mode, therefore allowing any other time for the screen to timeout based on the default android settings.

E.G. I have a Samsung TAB A. In settings you can change the screen timeout to a certain time whereby at that chosen time of inactivity the display will turn off automatically and the tablet will lock. My scenario is that I have two apps on the multi app kiosk mode. When the user has one of these apps enabled with ‘Keep Screen On’ I want the screen to always be on whilst they have that app active on screen. However if they are on the home screen or settings or some other app other than the ‘Keep Screen On’ App, then the screen would timeout, and the display will turn off based on the android timeout settings previously set.

If this can already be done please let me know as I was unable to find a solution for this problem with the current features.

Thanks.

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can keep the kiosk devices’ screen on until you turn it off manually. For this, navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Peripheral Settings -> Display and enable the option ‘Keep screen On’.  However, you can enable this feature only on the kiosk device as a whole and not for specific applications. Please check out Peripheral Settings for more insights.

We have raised a feature request here, based on your requirement. We will keep you posted regarding the updates.

Check out the release notes to know about our latest releases.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode