MacBook Prompts to install Remote management profile after device Update

expand collapsive

Hello, guys! I’m having a major issue with one of my devices. When updating the OS to Sonoma, the device prompts a non-skippable Remote Management screen, followed by the enrollment window. After providing the fields with admin credentials, the screen returns with the message ‘Enrolling with management server failed. A server with the specified hostname could not be found.’ I’ve tried reassigning the Hexnode server in ABM and restarting the device, but the error persists. The device is listed in DEP, enrolled, and was not wiped during the OS update. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? Right now, my user can’t do anything with the device.

All Replies

• Hexnode

George

Hey @deborah,
    Thanks for reaching out to us.
    A new change brought about in macOS Sonoma enforces Automated Device Enrollment by showing a full-screen Remote Management Screen on DEP devices. Given that the device is assigned to MDM in DEP, incomplete DEP enrollment in the previous OS version could cause the Remote management page to appear after updating the device to Sonoma. Can you try resyncing DEP, restarting the device, and enrolling again? Also, confirm the network connection is stable and that your UEM portal can be loaded.

Regards,
    George
    Hexnode UEM