Hexnode portal blocked on enrolled devices

expand collapsive

Hi guys,

The device I am using to access the hexnode portal is enrolled in hexnode. In the last few days, I was not able to access the portal from this device. The portal is accessible through my personal device, so im guessing it should be the issue with the company network. Anyone has an idea how to troubleshoot the issue?
Regards,
Vera Lopez

All Replies

• Participant

Vera

Participant

Yes there is. I have placed a firewall restriction on the devices using Sophos Firewall. But the hexnode portal is in General Category and is shown as allowed.

I experienced the issue a few days back and have not changed the firewall policy in quite a while. Is there any other reason for this problem?

• Hey @vera-lopez,
    Welcome to the Hexnode community!

This issue can be resolved by adding a Custom Category to the Sophos Firewall that includes the Hexnode UEM domain. Follow the steps below to rectify the issue,

1. Create a custom category containing the Hexnode UEM domain.
    2. In the web policy associated with the respective users, create a web policy rule at the top with the custom category and set the Action to Allow.
    3. Next, ensure the firewall rule enabling access to the internet has the right web policy selected.

Now the Custom Category will precede other policies that indirectly block the Hexnode portal. Find more information on creating a Custom Category in Sophos Firewall through this link.

Hope that helps. Feel free to contact us for more queries.
    Cheers!
    Johan Blake
    Hexnode UEM