Get list of devices on which app installation failed

expand collapsive

We are testing out our newly built application. I tried to install it on our macOS devices with the Install Application option in our portal.

When I randomly checked one of the devices to see if the app was installed properly, it was not present on the device. It could be possible that the app is not installed on other devices also.

I can’t check all the devices manually as I tried to install it the app on around 35 of our devices.
I wish to know the name of all the devices on which the Install application failed.

Please provide a solution at the earliest.

All Replies

• Hexnode

Archer

Hey @barret,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Action History report from the Hexnode Reports can be used to obtain a complete list of actions executed on the devices enrolled in your portal. You can filter out the list to display devices on which the action you executed has not yet been successful.

To access the report,

1. Navigate to Reports > Audit Reports > Action History.
    2. Under the Status filter, check the following options: Failed,Initiated/Queued at Device End, Pending.
    3. To narrow down your result more, you can use the Created Time filter to choose the day or time range in which the Install Application action was executed.

Now, you can export the report as a .csv or .pdf file to obtain a list of devices on which the specific action has not yet been successfully executed.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any more queries.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Evelyn

Participant

I had previously installed an app on some of my corporate devices through Hexnode. I was not the person who installed the apps. It was installed by different admins on different devices at different times. Now I have to provide a list of devices on which the app is currently present.

Any way I can get a list?

• Hexnode

Archer

Hey @evelyn,

Thanks for reaching out!

If an application is installed on your devices via Hexnode, you can see the list of the devices on which the application has been installed. You can do this in two ways:

Via App Inventory

1. On the Apps tab, type in the name of the application in the search bar. You can also arrive at the required application using the available filters.
    2. Once you have found the application, click on the value under the No of Devices column.

Via Application Reports

1. Navigate to Reports > Application Reports.
    2. Chose the All applications or Popular applications report.
    3. Type in the name of the application.
    4. Click on the numerical value under the No of Devices column available against the application name.

Using any of the above methods, you can view the list of the devices on which the app has been installed.

I hope the above is useful to you.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM