FileVault escrowed recovery key missing

expand collapsive

I am an IT admin looking for some assistance, I applied a FileVault policy on a test mac to encrypt the device with both the Institutional and Personal Recovery key. I chose to escrow the recovery key in case I lose it. I checked to see if FileVault was enabled on the device in the security pane and checked for the escrowed key in the portal but couldn’t find it. No clue what went wrong!!

All Replies

• Participant

abbi

Participant

I did! The device was updated to macOS 12.01 and the policy configuration is reflected in the system preferences. But there was no indication of the escrowed key in the portal. So, I checked to see if FileVault was turned on and clicked on the device’s ‘Turn on FileVault’ button. I received a pop-up saying the organization has set up a recovery key. I am stumped!

• Hi, @abbi and @travis,

Thank you for being an active part of Hexnode Connect!

This bug seems to be a known issue with the OS version of your device that prevented the FileVault recovery key from rotating. Apple has rolled out a fix to solve this bug with FileVault in macOS 12.1. Please update your device to the latest OS version to resolve the issue. Feel free to reach out to us with any queries.

Regards,
    Ethan Miller