Custom scripts as Apps

expand collapsive

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there could be a feature to have custom scripts that we develop treated as Applications so they can be deployed within a Policy and not have to do it manually through the Execute Custom script option.

Best

Lior.

All Replies

• Hello Lior Marantenboim. Thank you for joining Hexnode Connect!

We understand how automating script execution via policies can be handy. We have received several requests for the same, and we are considering the feature with priority in our roadmap.

Execution of pre-install, post-install and audit script during app installation via policies is already in development. We’ll keep you posted on any updates from the team regarding the ETA.

Meanwhile, you may look through the latest feature updates and what’s cooking here at Hexnode UEM!

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Lior

Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any update regarding this feature? It is really annoying to not be able to run custom scripts as an automated policy as then it defates the whole idea of automating the onboarding of an employee. It actually makes me want to migrate to a different MDM solution.

Best

Lior.

• Hello Lior Marantenboim. Thank you for your patience.

While we don’t have script automation via policies available yet, we are in the process of offering some other automation options that may be useful for your needs.

We are excited to share that the feature allowing the execution of pre-install, post-install, and audit scripts during app installation via policies is currently in the QA phase. We anticipate releasing the feature in the coming months. Rest assured that we have added you to our follow-up list so that you can be notified as soon as this feature goes live.

Should you have any further suggestions or queries, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM