Cannot wipe device even after successful action

expand collapsive

I executed wipe action onto the device…. the action is shown as success in the hexnode action history, but the device didn’t get wiped……the device page shows wipe initiated and now I’m not able to do anyhtng with the device.

The real problem is I’ve already disabled factory reset through policy for the device and it cannot be reset now…..the device is now in a deadlock…..awaiting response from the hexnode support to have this quickly resolved.

All Replies

• Hey @sysadminatsolutions, thank you for sharing your concerns.

Please provide us with the following details so that we can assist you better:

1. The model and enrollment status of your device
    2. Check whether any OS updates are pending on the device
    3. Did you disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for the device?

Hope to hear from you again soon,
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM

• @sysadminatsolutions As discussed with our technical team, it’s seen that the device SM-A207M is a non-Knox device. Also, we’ve noticed that the device is not running the latest available software.

The current software of the device makes it behave as a Knox device and allows Hexnode to deploy Knox restrictions and configurations to it despite being a non-Knox device. And, once you update the device to the latest software, the device will no longer act as a Knox device, which prevents Hexnode from removing any restriction or configuration that was already applied to the device while it behaved as a Knox device.

Since this is an issue from Samsung, I suggest you contact the Samsung Service for further assistance. Only the Samsung Service can help you retrieve such devices. In the meantime, you can update your device to the latest software to prevent such inconsistent device behavior in the future.

Thanks,
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Jeff Morrison.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Michelle.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Michelle.
  • Participant

sysadminatsolutions

Participant

Checked with a similar device, and after the update, the device works just fine….i think this fixes the issue……regarding the other device, i’ll try contacting the samsung support and see if I can get a proper resolution to it.