HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Cannot wipe device even after successful actionSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

I executed wipe action onto the device…. the action is shown as success in the hexnode action history, but the device didn’t get wiped……the device page shows wipe initiated and now I’m not able to do anyhtng with the device.

The real problem is I’ve already disabled factory reset through policy for the device and it cannot be reset now…..the device is now in a deadlock…..awaiting response from the hexnode support to have this quickly resolved.

Replies (9)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

Not sure whether this’ll work out, but sometimes a simple reboot will do the thing.

3 years ago

Not in my case…. tried out every possible option, but all in vain.

Participant
3 years ago

Well in that case, did you try hard reset the device previously.

3 years ago

When tried to hard reset, it shows as blocked by Samsung Knox

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hey @sysadminatsolutions, thank you for sharing your concerns.

Please provide us with the following details so that we can assist you better:

1. The model and enrollment status of your device
  2. Check whether any OS updates are pending on the device
  3. Did you disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for the device?

Hope to hear from you again soon,
Jeff Morrison
Hexnode UEM

3 years ago

The model is Samsung SM-A207M running M215FXXU2BUG2 software…..and yes I’ve enabled the option to clear FRP during wipe.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

@sysadminatsolutions As discussed with our technical team, it’s seen that the device SM-A207M is a non-Knox device. Also, we’ve noticed that the device is not running the latest available software.

The current software of the device makes it behave as a Knox device and allows Hexnode to deploy Knox restrictions and configurations to it despite being a non-Knox device. And, once you update the device to the latest software, the device will no longer act as a Knox device, which prevents Hexnode from removing any restriction or configuration that was already applied to the device while it behaved as a Knox device.

Since this is an issue from Samsung, I suggest you contact the Samsung Service for further assistance. Only the Samsung Service can help you retrieve such devices. In the meantime, you can update your device to the latest software to prevent such inconsistent device behavior in the future.

Thanks,
Jeff Morrison
Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Jeff.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Michelle.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Michelle.
3 years ago

Checked with a similar device, and after the update, the device works just fine….i think this fixes the issue……regarding the other device, i’ll try contacting the samsung support and see if I can get a proper resolution to it.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

@sysadminatsolutions Thank you for being so polite and patient. I hope you resolve your problem fast with Samsung Service. Take care!

Thanks,
Jeff Morrison
Hexnode UEM