- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 927 times
August 14, 2017 at 10:30 am #409PbK
hello, when I am adding the app pdf viewer and apply it to the policy I’m still getting the following message blocked package: com.google.android.apps.docs how can i resolve this .October 3, 2017 at 7:20 am #753Hexnode SupportHexnode MDM2 pts
Even though you have added your preferred PDF viewer in the Kiosk policy, it has not been set as the default viewer for PDF files. Google Docs/Drive app is your current default viewer. So, whenever you try to open a PDF file, Google Drive/Docs attempts to launch itself and since it has not been added in the Kiosk policy, you get the blocked package error.
So, here’s what you do. On the device,
- Exit Kiosk mode and open Settings > Apps
- Scroll down to Drive (Google Drive app) and tap open the app settings
- Select Open by default and tap on Clear Defaults
You can now enable Kiosk mode again. When you open a PDF file again, you will no longer receive the package blocked error, instead, you’ll be asked to select an app to open the file. Choose your preferred PDF viewer and tap the Always use confirmation to set it as the new default viewer. You should now be able to view PDF files while in Kiosk mode.
Thanks and regards
Hexnode Support Team
+1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
+44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
+61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.February 26, 2020 at 8:53 am #5643Blake
Is there any other ways to push PDF files in kiosk mode?February 26, 2020 at 12:07 pm #5675Grace BakerModerator1 pt
Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.
You can push PDf files to Android devices in Kiosk mode.
The file has to be added to the Hexnode repository for it to be deployed to the target devices. For this, navigate to Admin-> File Management, click on Choose files and select the file to be deployed. Click on Upload.
Once the file has been uploaded, you can create a shortcut for the file and add it to the devices.
Follow the below steps for shortcut creation:
- Navigate to Apps-> File Shortcuts and click on Create File Shortcut.
- Enter the details. Choose the option to add file from Hexnode repository. You can click on the drop-down list next to the File Name option and choose the file that was uploaded to the repository.
- Click Done.
The shortcut can now be added to the Kiosk policy and deployed to the device. Navigate to Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Single App/ Multi-App, click on the + icon and select the file shortcut. Associate targets and save the policy. The PDF file will now appear on the kiosk screen.
Need more info? Check out the help doc on adding PDF files to Android kiosk.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.