HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

App missing from iWatch paired with managed deviceSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

There are like a few hundred iphones managed by Hexnode. One of the users has his iWatch paired with the managed device. When I configured a multi-app kiosk policy to the devices, the workout app disappeared from the paired iWatch. Is this supposed to be an expected behaviour or is it an issue to be considered?

Replies (5)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

Is your Apple watch managed as well? Or is it just paired to a managed device?

Participant
3 years ago

The iWatch is just paired to a managed iOS device. It is not managed by Hexnode.

Participant
3 years ago

Did the application come back after removing the policy?

Participant
3 years ago

Yeaa.. I’m pretty sure it is linked to the kiosk policy. But I’m not sure how.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hey Darin,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

According to Apple’s MDM protocol, certain restrictions that are applied to a managed iOS device can be mirrored on a paired Apple Watch. Hence, if you apply a kiosk policy to an iOS device, it could result in some of the applications disappearing from the corresponding paired Apple watch.

However, if your requirement was to restrict a set of applications in the iOS device, you could blacklist the required applications on the device. Blacklisting can be considered as a workaround so that none of the applications will get hidden in your paired Apple watches.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
Chris Coleman
Hexnode UEM