Not able to enable the kiosk on Android device

expand collapsive

Hi, I’m creating Android Kiosk mode but struggling to get anything to work. I have a policy on my account and I’ve tried single and multi-app options, with enterprise and public apps. With the enterprise apps the policy updates and I get the install spinner with app name on the device but it never installs. With the public app the policy updates but there are no apps on screen and just the wallpaper shown.
Can you let me know if I’m getting anything wrong?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for posting. Happy to help.

While locking down a device into Kiosk mode, please ensure that the store apps added to the Kiosk policy are present on the device. Only then these apps would appear on the device in Kiosk mode. You can push the apps to the device from the Hexnode portal through Mandatory app policy or Remote actions.
    Regarding the Enterprise apps, the silent installation is supported on Samsung Knox, LG GATE, Kyocera business phones, rooted Android and devices with Hexnode as a system app. On other devices, a wrench icon will appear. Clicking the icon will install the application on the device.

Kindly use the help link for app installation using Hexnode MDM.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM