Allow me to add a device to a group from the device

expand collapsive

If I am looking at a device, I would like the ability to apply it to a device group, without changing to the device group, and then clicking add device and typing the device name out.

It would be much easier if when I look at the device, and I look at the groups it is a member of, show me all the groups with check marks it is a member of and allow me to add check marks.

All Replies

• Hey Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode does not currently support the feature where users can assign a device to a particular device group from the device details page (the page which displays all the basic details of a device when the user clicks a device from the Manage tab).

Device info page

However, you can click on the Device Groups subtab in the device details page to view all the device groups to which the device is currently assigned. Then, go back to Manage > Devices, select the required devices and click on Actions > Add Devices To Group to assign the selected devices to the required Device Groups.

Add Device to Group action

Your request for a feature to assign the device to a device group from the device details page has been shared with the developers. If there are any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM