Access Peripheral Settings & Exit Kiosk Mode Prompt via App

expand collapsive

Hi,

I’ve got a wide range of Android devices that I want to put into Single App Kiosk Lockdown mode. I want the device manager to be able to configure WiFi and Bluetooth settings as well as exit the lockdown mode. Currently, I have 3 options:

1. Trigger these actions by tapping the status bar (This works perfectly on some devices but seems to have issues on devices running Android 8.0).
  2. Have the floating icon to access peripheral settings (Due to the application, it isn’t viable to have the icon constantly showing)
  3. Enable the Reboot and tap to exit from kiosk mode (As my application requires the user to pair to different Bluetooth devices consistently, it takes too long to reboot the device and re-pair Bluetooth)

It would be great if I could create a button in my application that would allow me to:

1. Open the Bluetooth peripheral settings
  2. Open the WiFi peripheral settings
  3. Exit kiosk mode

This could easily be implemented by sending intents (see here) to the Hexnode MDM app. This would be a much more robust solution as most Android devices handle these intents the same way.

Thanks, Alex.

All Replies

• Hey Alex!
    Thanks for reaching out to us!

We’ve passed your request on to the team and will be working on implementing the control over the intents being sent to the Hexnode app. We’ll keep you posted on any updates from the team regarding the ETA. You can ping us over chat, call or email as well on any updates regarding the updates in your application.

For now, you can increase the auto-launch delay for the app from the kiosk policy > Kiosk Lockdown > Launcher and tap exit on the home launcher using the exit password.
    Hope this helps for the time being!

Do look through the latest feature updates and what’s cooking here at Hexnode MDM!

Cheers!
    Amy Watson
    Hexnode MDM