Custom Attributes

expand collapsive

Hey.anyone know how I can add some more info with my device details? I mean, like dates or purchase info.

All Replies

• @Hailey. Thank you for reaching out to us!
    On enrolling a device, the portal collects basic device-specific information and formulates a device summary. It includes hardware info, compliance status, and enrollment details. Hexnode also collects network info and other device details like device name, model, OS versions, storage, battery levels, etc.

You can add custom device information as device attributes in the portal. You can access the ‘Edit Device Attributes’ feature in the ‘Actions’ dropdown by either selecting the device from the ‘Devices’ list or from within the device details page.

Editing Device Attributes

You can customize the device name, asset tags, departments, and ownership type. The dates and purchase info can be added as a description or notes in the portal. These details will only be reflected in the portal.

Cheers!
    Rene Anderson
    Hexnode UEM

• Yes. You can directly edit device names and add a short description directly from the device details page. You can find it by going to Manage > Devices > ‘click on your device name’. The small edit option under the device owner name allows you to add a short description of your device.

Adding a description attribute

Cheers!
    Rene Anderson
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Rene Anderson.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Rene Anderson.