MSI App installation failed with error message “Missing Agent app”

expand collapsive

Hey folks, when I was trying to install an Enterprise app to my Windows device, I was getting an error message saying that the “Agent app is missing”. Is there any way to get the installer file that can be used to install the agent app manually?

All Replies

• Hey Riella,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like the Hexnode agent application was not installed on your device due to a technical error that occurred during enrollment. MSI apps are installed using the agent in Windows devices. If the agent is not installed, you will not be able to install MSI apps on those devices.

In order to install the Hexnode agent app again, you will have to re-enroll the device using the Hexnode Installer. Make sure that the device is connected to a stable internet connection while enrolling the device. Upon successful enrollment, the latest version of the Hexnode Agent app will be installed on your devices.

You can check out our troubleshooting doc on Windows app installation errors to get a better idea about similar app installation issues. Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM