Can’t find my CA certificate pushed through Hexnode

expand collapsive

Pushed a CA certificate through Hexnode. It was in a format supported by Hexnode. I believe the installation was successful too but not able to see the certificate on the device.

All Replies

• Hexnode

Deborah

Hello Alister,

You might be looking for the certificates in the wrong place. Hexnode installs CA certificates as User certificates and not as System certificates. The location of the certificates may vary slightly depending upon the OS Version of the device. In Android 9, you can find CA certificates deployed through Hexnode in Biometrics and security > Other security settings > View security certificates > USER. Other certificates can be found in Biometrics and security > Other security settings > User credentials.

You can deploy certificates to all Android 5.0+ devices. However silent installation of the certificates (of the format .p12, .pfx, .crt and .cer ) is supported only on devices enrolled through the Android Enterprise program and Samsung Knox devices.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

johana

Participant

What does the option, “Remove all user installed trusted credentials” do? In my device, (non knox device) the CA certificates are installed in Encryption and credentials > Trusted credentials > USER. Will they be removed if I enable this option?

• Participant

alister

Participant

So the CA certificates that is already present on the device/ installed by the system are the ones that are in SYSTEM section of view security certificates sectiona nd the the ones installed by Hexnode or the User are the ones sees in the USER section right?

• Hexnode

Deborah

Hello Johana
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

Enabling the option “Remove all user installed trusted credentials” will not remove the certificates pushed through Hexnode. Instead, only the certificates installed by the user will be deleted.

@Alister
    System- installed certificates will be under the SYSTEM tab and the CA certificates installed by the user/ Hexnode will be visible under the USER tab in the section where CA certificates are installed.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM