Knox enrollment and enrolling devices right out of box

expand collapsive

how do I get devices with the Samsung Knox mobile enrollment already installed so they can be enrolled right out of the box?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hi,

Thanks for posting the query.

The devices that support Knox Mobile Enrollment can be prepared to automatically enroll in Hexnode MDM with all the assigned configurations, restrictions and apps when powered on for the first time.
    To enroll a device in Hexnode MDM via Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment, you should
    1. Create a Knox Enrollment portal.
    2. Create MDM profiles for the devices.
    3. Add devices to the Knox portal.
    4. Assign the profile to the devices.

Please use the link for a thorough explanation of the same.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Raquel

Participant

Hey peeps, are there any advantages of enrolling your devices using the Samsung KME method over the usual enrollment methods. Also, it’d be helpful if I could know if there are any pre-requirements before I enroll the devices using the KME method.

• Hey Raquel,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment is a zero-touch enrollment method introduced by Samsung, exclusively for Knox-enabled devices. The user just has to switch on their devices and connect to the internet to enroll their devices into an MDM solution.

The following are the key advantages of the Samsung KME method:

• Bulk enrollment of devices.
    • Automatic installation and activation of the MDM profile.
    • Auto re-enrollment of the devices even if they are erased and factory reset.
    • Supports multiple MDM configurations per account.

Pre-requisites for the Samsung KME method:

• A Samsung account.
    • A Knox portal account.
    • Samsung devices running Knox version 2.4 and higher for Device Admin enrollment and Knox version 2.8 and higher for Android Enterprise (Device Owner) enrollment.
    • An MDM/EMM/UEM solution like Hexnode UEM that supports Samsung KME.
    • A KME supported browser.
    • Firewall exemptions needed to extend beyond the network domain and connect to the KME server.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM